Wednesday 9 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone;

Feeling a mixture of positives and negatives about this year. Lots of things are going to be changing, so fingers crossed it all works out for the better.

Our housemate is moving out which is both good and bad. It's the start of a new chapter for all involved. Finally me and Andrew will have a family home to ourselves, making it as we would like. Personally I'd rather move and start afresh, as it makes me uncomfortable to be moving things into his room when he's left. But we have to make do with what we've got at the moment.

So far my new years resolution is to try and have a more positive attitude about what I CAN do instead of what I can't do. I'm tired of restricting myself and so want to try and be as non restrictive as I can in the things I do. Obviously I know I have limits, but I'm working on that.

At the moment I'm currently not doing any volunteering or my college course, so that has made my life a lot easier over the past few weeks. I still have some work to finish off however, which is stressful. I look forward to going back, but at the same time it's nice to have had a break from another stresser.

I've started doing my back stretches more and more to help increase my flexibility. It was something I was taught during my Perrin Treatment; I might not be able to do the entire treatment right now, but I'll do what I can when I can :)

The stretches involve putting your hands grasping near the back of your neck with your elbows forward. Whilst doing this you should try and turn your body, waist upwards to the left as far as you can (without hurting yourself!) and then again to the right. Do this three times then change position of where you hands are.

Next hand position is with them crossed across your chest, holding onto your own shoulders. Turn your upper body left and then right again, 3 times over. Third hand position is having them crossing your body and holding on to your sides. Repeat with the turns.

I'm also doing some shoulder rolling and shrugs. All this is to help loosen up my back which eases the pain a little. I'd recommend it as it doesn't even take 5 minutes :)

I've also invested in a Lumie Clear, which is a light treatment for spots. I've been feeling incredibly down about my appearance recently and my stresses haven't helped my spot outbreak. It cost a fair bit but I'm hoping to see progress soon. If this seems to show to work, I'll invest in a Lumie brand lightbox too. (Priorities Cat... priorities...)

Anywho, signing off for now, will post some more later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment