Thursday 20 December 2012

11 days since my last update!

Sorry about that, I've been feeling a little overrun with work. Been working all 'late' shifts which throws my entire sleep cycle out of whack because I need to sleep in longer so I have enough energy to function through the day.

I've broken down my post to "Doctors appointment" "Sickness" "Work" and "Christmas" if you just wanna skip and search for those headers for anything relevant you'd want to read. :)

Doctors appointment:


I had my appointment almost 2 weeks ago now where I said I'd give him a list of symptoms and see what he would say and do about it.

We haven't attacked the rib pain yet; 'slippery rib syndrome' will have to wait for a whole other appointment it seems. We talked about blood tests to check my vitamins etc. I booked one but cancelled it as I needed to go and visit my family when the appointment was supposed to be and since all my tests have come back fine before; I just feel it was wasted time I guess. I did however pick up some vitamins. (V Multi-Vitamins) which are apparently good. They're only available from Rowlands Pharmacy though, but you can order them online too. I had a look at the amounts of each vitamin and compared them to other brands. This one is high in a lot of things, so that's probably gonna be good for me. :)

Spoke to him about my implant, has to wait until after the new year as there are just no appointments available. Can have it done at the surgery though which is nice. He also gave me some pills ready for when I swap, hurrah. So hopefully, fingers crossed, that's my periods sorted out a bit come new year.

He doesn't think acupuncture is available for me, as physiotherapists generally use it for back pain... and my 'me/cfs' doesn't cover that. But since my back is all stiff and I could use physio for losening it up etc, might ask him about going down that route.

He is however refering me to a clinic in Liverpool which I think is ran by Action For Me, or at least that's who's guided me to it haha. (edit: Here's the link! Action For ME; Liverpool Clinic). It's a NHS clinic, but focusing on ME/CFS support. Whether this will do me any good or not I don't know. Personally I'm not sure talking to people about how shit my MECFS is will do me any good. Because they're in the same boat with bigger holes in theirs half the time. So I don't really want to be whinging on at them when they've got it worse.

But; they might have some good information and support type things that may help me get some form of decent treatment or management situation going on. So I'm going to try it.

Everything else dr said will have to wait till another appointment; or we can't do anything about it. So will try again after the new year. On the plus side, he kept referring to it as Chronic Fatigue, not ME or CFS. But after putting a referral through for me, when he rang me to discuss progress etc, he called it "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"... not quite MECFS, but a syndrome, not just chronic fatigue. Maybe he got a good telling off from somebody about it when he made a phonecall. (Good!)

Sickness:


I've been downing a ton of orange juice (smooth! bit's are just unpleasant!) to try and stave off any colds and bugs etc that could be coming my way because of my housemate, who is incredibly unhygienic when it comes to germs and stuff; tends to end up making me sick and my immuno-compromised boyfriend also sick. (He has psoriatic arthritis, maybe I'll get him to write a blog too :p)... I also work with customers who have this nasty habit of putting 10/20 pound notes in their mouths whilst counting out change, and also coughing into their hands and handing my that change. bleurg, makes me want to heave. I'm never without my trusty hand gel now. Want to get one of those air disinfectant things too for around the house. I try not to blame people for being sick, but it does make me angry that they are not more careful about getting sick (I disinfect my hands after dealing with a less than savoury customer)... but then again how they seem to be even less careful about passing on their sickness. Especially to people like me and my boyfriend who's immune systems are less than fantastic at the best of times.

Work:

I unfortunately, cannot afford to get sick. Taking time off work would be extremely bad for me to do as I'm currently the least favoured 'young/new part timer' in my boss' eyes anyways. Maybe not the supervisors so much, but certainly my boss'. He gives me all the horrid shifts, and everyone else (2 people I'm thinking of out of the 3 'new part timers') are absolutely shit at their job but gets put on for double+triple pay days? Helllooo, they are shit, why are they getting all the good shifts and nice pay? I'm currently seething about this whole scenario. It's not just that they are shit; they don't try, they piss around all day. They do things like swing around on equipment leaving me out the front on my own dealing with customers on a BUSY saturday night. So yeah, little bit annoyed at  how things are working out at the moment.

I'm sick, working my little butt off constantly, try my best to get everything done. I'm even apparently doing jobs I shouldn't be doing in my role. But hey ho, let the pretty girl who doesn't do her job properly get all the nice shifts, overtime and perks, aswell as the guy who comes to work admitting he's high, stands behind the till scoffing his face doing sod all gets them too. No it's fine, I don't mind working lates every single time. Getting crappy 3 hour shifts every day of the week. (He knows I can't work mondays and fridays due to college/volunteering) so schedules me for 3 hours every other day instead. Not a 6/6/4 or 2, 8 hour shifts. Nope. 3/3/3/3/4. Thanks boss. Can really rest and recuperate when I need to cock up my sleep cycle for those shifts.

Christmas:


It's almost christmas and I've done all the christmas shopping I can, bought everyone presents except my other half... who I just outright cannot afford to buy for at the moment. This is making me feel royally crap. I don't even have the time or energy to look around for a little gift in town... I get paid just after boxing day though and fortunately something he wants doesn't come out until Jan, so he'll get a nice gift then too. Lots of presents under the tree and some christmas decorations up. Maybe I'll take some pictures of stuff when I can and post them too. Got my housemate his present too from me and Andrew, I think he'll like it. Need to put up the christmassy lights though, bulbs have gone and all that faff, so have to fix that this weekend.

Some higher energy/life force/lord etc. Give me some energy and health over the christmas period, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment