Sunday 9 December 2012

Doctors appointment tomorrow

at 2:30;

I also have to "fingers crossed" wait in for my broken phone to be collected, at some point tomorrow (hopefully they dont say they'll arrive during my dr's appointment or i'll be gutted) and I'll also have to pick my rabbit up from the vets at some point tomorrow, hoping that that is okay to do after my doctors appointment...

As I mentioned in my last post, he doesn't seem to appreciate what ME/CFS is... he kept referring to it as "chronic fatigue". If only it was that straight forward. I need to compose a list of things I need to make sure he's aware of. This list is going to be pretty gritty, so feel free to skip. :)

  • chronic fatigue
  • aches and pains everywhere, mainly back, shoulders, legs and arms...
  • cold extremities no matter what i do...
  • brain fog/can't focus
  • dizzy spells, especially when standing up after any amount of time 'down'
  • depression with suicidal thoughts
  • irritable bowel syndrome
  • overactive/irritable bladder
  • everything hurts when im touched at all. :(
  • horrid memory...
  • sensitive to noise and light... it hurts again.
  • joints hurt, but no they are not inflamed or swollen.
  • mood swings.
  • constantly on my period, i have about 3 days off then back on again.
There are my symptoms; although there may be more, I can't recall right now, but I'm sure thats the most of it anyway.

What I want to ask him about
  • get this implant out of my arm before i shred it out.
  • ask to be put on the contraceptive pill that has oestrogen in it; i've read studies about people who have MECFS getting slightly better during actual pregnancy... and since the oestrogen contraceptive pill tricks your body into thinking your pregnant, well, i might just catch a break and it reduces my symptoms.
  • acupuncture for the aches i'm feeling.
  • ask about PoTS
  • funding for perrin treatment (despite it being an absolute pain in the ass to get to a clinic...)
  • refusing antidepressants, but i want blood tests to see if i'm deficient in anything since my last blood tests. 
  • b12 shots, a friend of mine showed up as not deficient in b12, but apparently her spinal cord was depleted or something... gonna ask for the shots anyway and see if that helps me.
  • ask where i would stand on quitting work and getting disability support.
i was declined previously because they didn't read my application form and went purely off the asos examination (they admitted this in my reply) and part of their reasoning is that i didn't visit the doctor enough... hello? have they seen what the nhs offer for people like me? i'm not wasting the doctors time, so i get punished, excellent. more about that later in another blog post however.

I don't want to attend a support group; because I'd never be able to make the meetings (work, college, etcetc... or my mecfs) and I don't actually fancy sitting around talking to people about how shit things are for us all, getting me angry that it is so unfair that we have something noone can do anything for...

I'm in bed and exhausted right now, but need to get up and get ready for work at 6pm until 11pm. It's going to be painful, it's going to drag and I'm going to feel like absolute crap during the shift. 

Wish me luck. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment